2009年4月20日 星期一

☞你可以天天說英語 - ☞Cast Pearls before Swine 對牛彈琴

對 話

Tina:I can』t believe you took me to that dance performance. It was terrible.

蒂娜:真不敢相信你竟然會帶我去看那場舞蹈表演。難看死了。

Dave:Are you serious? That dance has been described as brilliant. Beautiful. A masterpiece.

戴夫:妳是認真的嗎?大家都說那齣舞作非常出色、優美,堪稱經典耶。

Tina:You forgot one more description: boring.

蒂娜:你忘了還有一個形容詞:無聊。

Dave:I guess I was casting pearls before swine. You just don』t appreciate good performance.

戴夫:我想我一定是在對牛彈琴吧。妳根本不懂得欣賞有水準的表演。

Tina:Yes, I do!

蒂娜:我當然懂!

Dave:Oh, yeah? Like what?

戴夫:噢,是嗎?像是什麼?

Tina:Well... I thought that the thing on TV with the cat jumping into the car was pretty good.

蒂娜:嗯?我覺得電視上那個有隻貓跳進一部車的玩意兒蠻不賴的。

Dave:That was just a commercial!

戴夫:拜託,那只是支廣告!

Tina:I thought it was brilliant. Beautiful. A masterpiece.

蒂娜:我覺得它非常出色、優美,堪稱經典之作。

[多學一點點]

★Performance n. 表演

★describe A as B將 A 描述作 B

例:The chef舊 new dish has been described as 贈 taste from heaven?(這名廚師的新菜式被喻為「天堂的滋味」。)

沒有留言: